1. NO GUARANTEES Consultant shall perform the Services in a first-class manner, however, Client acknowledges that Consultant makes no guarantees about Client’s business following the performance of Services, including but not limited to, gaining acceptances to the client's preferred programs and gaining scholarships or grants.
2. TERM; TERMINATION The term of this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and continue through the completion of Services (the “Term”), unless terminated earlier. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, subject to any outstanding payment obligations to Consultant.
3. OWNERSHIP; GRANT OF RIGHTS Consultant owns all right, title, and interest in its own data, systems, methods, and intellectual property, including but not limited to its trademarks and copyrights. Client hereby grants Consultant the perpetual right to use any materials created hereunder and Client’s name, admissions materials, resume, etc. as part of Consultant’s portfolio and for trade purposes. No document submitted to the Consultant via Google Drive may be deleted. The Client's name will not be disclosed publicly at any time unless the Client so chooses to provide a testimony or to be featured in future marketing campaigns.
4. PAYMENT A. Fee: Client shall pay Consultant the stated amount (the “Fee”) per session that is booked with Consultant. For the purpose of clarity, Client cannot book a session until payment of the Fee has been made.
B. Payment: All Payments shall be made in USD and via Stripe or Square, unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing.
C. Refunds: Client may opt to cancel a booked session in writing more than seventy-two (72) hours prior to the start of the booked session (“Cancellation Period”), in which case Client is entitled to a full refund of the Fee for all cancelled sessions. If cancellation occurs beyond the Cancellation Period or if Client fails to participate in a session, Client shall not be entitled to a refund. Additionally, Document Review and Full Application Support Packages will not be applicable for refunds. Client acknowledges that it may take up to five (7) business days for any refund to go through.
5. INDEMNIFICATION Each party (the “Indemnifying Party”) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, officers, directors and employees from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and court costs), judgments and/or penalties arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred (each, a “Claim”), to the extent that such Claim relates to or arises out of any material, uncured breach by the other of this Agreement. This paragraph shall survive expiration or termination of this Agreement.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY Client acknowledges that by reason of its relationship to Consultant under this Agreement it may have access to and acquire knowledge, material, data, systems and other information concerning the operation, business, financial affairs and intellectual property of Consultant that may not be accessible or known to the general public, including the terms of this Agreement (referred to as “Confidential Information”). This paragraph shall survive expiration or termination of this Agreement.
7. MISCELLANEOUS The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors with relation to each other, and nothing herein shall construe this relationship as a partnership between or joint venture by the parties hereto or any other type of relationship, and neither party is the agent of the other. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to the conflict provisions thereof. This Agreement may only be amended, modified, waived or supplemented by an agreement signed by both parties. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be deemed to be an original. Any signature delivered via facsimile or other electronic means shall be deemed an original signature hereto. Any reference to “in writing” herein shall include email or text message.
8. NO SHOWS The client acknowledges that consultations that are not attended within 5 minutes of the initial scheduled time will count as a “no show” and that they will not be entitled to a refund. Exceptions due to technical difficulties will be handled at the Consultant’s discretion. The client may choose book another appointment if they miss their initial booking. If the Consultant should miss a call, a full refund will be issued and the client shall receive a link for a free consultation.
9. PROGRAM RESTRICTIONS Kaelyn Grace Apple does not offer review of any applications for submission to any Yale GSAS program and Danielle Lawson does not offer review of any applications for submission to Penn State University. However, clients can work with any one of the consultants on our team and we will pass on your documents for review to a trusted team member if there is a conflict of interest.
10A. ADD ON DOCUMENT REVIEW SERVICES (REVISIONS) Each document review add-on includes up to two rounds of edits. The only exception is the written sample review service which will only include one round of edits due to the amount of time and labor required in order to review such documents. Additional rounds of edits may be purchased separately.
10B. ADD ON DOCUMENT REVIEW SERVICES (TIMELINE) If the Client wishes to have their documents reviewed prior to their consultation, they must send them to their respective consultant within a minimum of 5 business days ahead of their scheduled call. Consultants are not held responsible for the review of documents received within less than 5 business days of the scheduled consultation unless otherwise agreed upon between the Client and the Consultant. If, however, the client is a Last Minute applicant and has purchased the Last Minute Application Consultation with Document Review Ad On, they must submit their documents a minimum of 48 hours in advance (see No. 12 for further details).
10C. ADD ON DOCUMENT REVIEW SERVICES (DRAFTS) Clients must send their respective Consultant full and complete drafts with no added comments in order for the document to be reviewed properly. Partial drafts may be reviewed if previously agreed upon by the Client and the Consultant.
10D. ADD ON DOCUMENT REVIEW SERVICES (REDEEMING) Ad On services must be redeemed within 180 days of purchase.
11. SCHEDULING The Client is responsible for scheduling consultations and document review services within amble time based on the Consultant’s availability and the deadlines of one’s application.
12. LAST MINUTE APPLICANT: For the Last Minute Applicant Consultation, the client will be required to submit the document(s) for review a minimum of 48 hours prior to the consultation and will include only ONE round of review, as opposed to the standard two rounds granted for standard application review clients.